Freerain Waterproof Packable Hip Pack
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
The Freerain Packable Hip Pack is a waterproof, hands-free place to keep valuables close by.
- Waterproof main compartment with internally sealed seams
- Rolltop closure features an integrated zipper closure option for fast access or added security
- 2-4 liter adjustable capacity
- Compresses for travel; invert into front pocket to contain straps or compress further using included mesh compression sack
- UHMWPE-reinforced wear panels for extreme durability, abrasion resistance, and tear strength
- Adjustable belt for crossbody or hip wear
- Additional front zipper pocket
- Compression straps to secure contents
Volume: 2 liters
Weight: 4oz (115g)
Unpacked Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 3in (25.4 x 12.7 x 7.6cm)
Packed Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 4.25in (7.6 x 7.6 x 10.8cm)
- 70D Robic® nylon UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-weight-polyethylene), PU waterproofing
- 50D nylon mini ripstop, UTS waterproofing
- Internally sealed seams
- Nylon monomesh hip belt wings
- Hypalon rolltop and tether point reinforcements
- Number 5 YKK® PU coated sealing zippers
- YKK® ultralight, wide entry side release buckles
- 210D bonded nylon thread
- UTS coating (ultra tear strength): waterproofing and tear strength increase of 30%
- PU coating: waterproofing
Not intended for submersion.
How waterproof is the Freerain Hip Pack?
Bags with the Freerain name are built from waterproof materials with sealed seams and rolltop closures. Though not intended for intentional submersion, these bags are 100% weatherproof and will keep water out in the most extreme weather conditions when the rolltop is rolled at least 3 times.
How do I pack up and stow the Freerain Hip Pack?
We suggest folding the pack in half longways and rolling up from the side. Alternatively, you can invert the hip pack into the front zipper pocket to contain straps and quickly stow it away. For detailed instructions, the demo video below shows the full pack up.
Can the Freerain Hip Pack be worn as a sling?
Yes, the hip belt will accomodate up to 50" circumference and can be worn at the waist or as a sling.
Does this bag have a warranty?
Yes, this product is warrantied for 3 years. Bags in and out of warranty are eligible for repairs.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including DMF which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
100% waterproof main compartment
Rolltop closure and seam sealed main compartment.
Innovative zipper rolltop closure
Rolltop closure features an integrated zipper closure option for fast accessibility or added security. Zip and roll for full waterproofing, or just zip for weatherproof accessibility.
Compresses for travel
To stow, invert into the front pocket or compress further using the included mesh compression sack.
UHMWPE-reinforced high wear panels feature a practically infallible ripstop grid. Robic® high tenacity nylon paired with UTS waterproof coating enhances material strength an additional 30%. Learn more about UHMWPE.
Engineered for performance first
Boutique engineering that outperforms the big guys. If you know what you want, and care about how it performs, join a brand that shares your priorities.
"Perfect for wading"
I had spent a lot of time trying to find a good lightweight pack for wading and this pack was just what a needed. I can fit a minimalist fly fishing set using it as a sling pack and everything stays dry even went dunked underwater.
- Kyle (verified customer)
"Very waterproof and great as a sling bag"
I used this the first time in a downpour (on purpose) and everything inside stayed completely dry. I love the expanding feature because I can fit a whole puffy jacket plus other stuff in that mode.
- Kaden H. (verified customer)