Numerous adjustment points, load lifters, and V-Compression straps allow the user to fine tune the fit and carry of their bag.
GlobeRider45 Travel Backpack
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
The GlobeRider45 is engineered inside and out to be the ultimate pack for the world traveler.
- 45 liter capacity, meets most airline carry-on requirements*
- Full internal frame, aluminum framestay
- Cushioned, breathable back panel and shoulder straps
- Padded, breathable hip belt
- Stowable hip belt and shoulder straps
- Large external stash pocket
- Sternum strap
- Load lifters
- External access admin pocket with layered organization
- External access padded laptop pocket
- Clamshell design with flexible internal organization
- Internal shockcord securement system
- Sealing YKK® zippers on all exterior pockets
- Zipper security loops on all external pockets
- Reflective zipper pulls for recognition in low light
- External daisy chain on front
- Smugglers pocket hidden behind the back panel
- External water bottle pocket
- Grab handles on top, bottom, front, back, and side
- UHMWPE-reinforced high-wear panels
- V-Compression straps on exterior
- Built with recycled materials that meet Bluesign® criteria
*Soft-sided design conforms to carry-on requirements (most airlines)
Volume: 45 liters
Weight: 4lb 8oz (2041g)
Dimensions: 22 H x 12.8 W x 11 D in
(55 H x 33 W x 28 D cm)
Soft-sided design conforms to carry-on requirements (most airlines)
- 420D Bluesign® nylon UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) reinforced ripstop, PU waterproofing
- 420D Bluesign® recycled nylon, PU waterproofing
- 100D Bluesign® Robic® nylon mini ripstop, PU waterproofing
- YKK® PU coated sealing zippers
- YKK® hardware
- EVA foam padded back panel, shoulder straps, and hip belt
- HDPE framesheet with aluminum framestay
- 210D nylon bonded thread with bartack reinforced construction
Recycled materials are tested to meet or exceed performance of non-recycled version.
Is the GlobeRider45 carry-on size compliant?
The GlobeRider45 is a soft-sided pack that complies to carry-on size requirements for most airlines. Carry-on dimensions vary slightly by airline, which is one of many reasons we prefer a soft-sided pack over hard-exterior luggage. Even when fully packed, the back panel padding has enough give to conform to the luggage measurement apparatus for most airlines, both domestically and internationally.
What size laptop will the laptop pocket accommodate?
The fully padded laptop pocket is easily accessed from the top of the pack. It fits up to 16" laptops from all manufacturers.
What kind of frame or internal suspension does this pack have?
The GlobeRider45 features a backpacking-style internal suspension system. The contoured framesheet, lightweight aluminum framestay, and EVA foam distribute weight from the shoulder straps to the hip belt for superior balance and comfort.
Is the GlobeRider45 waterproof?
The GlobeRider45 is built from waterproof materials and has YKK® sealing zippers on all external pockets. This pack is designed to withstand light to medium precipitation for short periods. Outdoor coatings add further protection by letting water slick off the fabric.
How do the backpack straps and hip belt stow?
The GlobeRider45 backpack straps and hip belt easily stow into the back panel. Fully unzip the back panel zippers on the sides of the pack, clip the shoulder strap to the hip belt using the white arrows, and securely rezip the back panel zippers with the straps tucked neatly underneath. There is a diagram inside the right-side of the back panel for on-the-go instructions.
How big is the water bottle pocket?
The external water bottle pocket can fit the largest of water bottles, including 1-liter bottles and Nalgenes®.
What is the maximum and minimum sizes that the hip belt and sternum strap accommodate?
The waist belt minimum is 27" hip circumference and the waist belt max is 51" hip measurement. The sternum strap can get cinched down to where the shoulder straps are 3.5" apart on the users chest or can be loosened so the shoulder straps are 12.5" apart on the users chest
How long is the warranty?
The GlobeRider45 has a 3 year, Total-Protection-Warranty. GlobeRider45 is built to last—with the highest quality outdoor fabrics, bartack reinforced construction, and strategic patterning that guarantees long-term performance. Equipment in and out of warranty is eligible for free repairs. (Excludes European Union)
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including DMF which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
Cushioned and breathable shoulder straps, back panel, and hip belt. Backpacking-inspired carry harness and materials. Overbuilt for comfort.
Main compartment with built-in organization. Additional exterior pockets including a water bottle pocket on exterior of the bag.
Built-In organization for essentials. Easy access from the top of the bag.
Designed for maximum adjustability
Hideaway smugglers pocket behind the zippered back panel. Enhanced security for important items.
Stowable harness system
Zip the back panel to stow the shoulder straps and hip belt when checking the bag.
45 liter capacity. Soft-sided design conforms to carry-on requirements for most airlines.
"Perfect when you're on the move"
From planes to cities to boats to jungles, this bag was perfect for fast-paced travel through Panama. The stowable straps and gaggle of pockets made for seamless transitioning from one setting to the next.
- Kelsey (Matador product tester)
"Bag of the year?"
This bag is just what I've been looking for. So comfortable and I fit everything I needed for an extended trip. Big win by Matador on this one."
- Garrett (Matador product tester)