LOCATION: Boulder, CO
REPORTS TO: Chief Revenue Officer
START DATE: ASAP
Matador is looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is excited about joining a tight-knit team of talented, hard-working individuals in our Boulder HQ. The Account Executive position will be responsible for holistic retail account management and new business development in various sales channels across North America. This role calls for a strategic thinker experienced with the brick & mortar sales cycle and managing many projects concurrently.
- Oversee all aspects of numerous wholesale retail partnerships; ensuring Matador’s brand presence, revenue and profit targets are achieved.
- Research new business channels and identify retail opportunities.
- Participate in planning and coordinating company trade show efforts.
- Manage and expand our external sales rep network to ensure a high standard of service and training for retail partners.
- Collaborate closely with our marketing and creative teams to implement retail merchandising programs, including in-store signage, displays, online marketing, social campaigns etc.
- Work with the CRO to craft the strategic direction and budget resources required to support and grow Matador’s current and targeted North American retailer base.
- Ensure consistent communication of sales timing and inventory needs to the Operations team.
- Gather, interpret and report on relevant market trends, conditions, opportunities and threats.
- Provide collaborative input to the Product Development team based on market insight and retailer feedback.
- 3-5 years of experience in b2b physical product sales and account management.
- Experience in the outdoor recreation market strongly encouraged.
- Travel approximately 25% (in non-Covid times).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Freshsales CRM and Asana is a big plus.
- Has the sense of humor, proactive approach, and work ethic necessary to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented company.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Account Executive” along with your name in the subject line. We are not accepting candidates via recruiters. All applications will be reviewed; however, we may not be able to reply to every applicant.
Matador is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.