- 28 liter capacity
- Waterproof main compartment with internally sealed seams
- Rolltop closure features an integrated zipper closure option for fast access or added security
- Compresses for travel, included mesh compression sack
- UHMWPE-reinforced wear panels for extreme durability, abrasion resistance, and tear strength
- Hydration compatible
- Hip belt with pockets (fixed)
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Two gear loops with corresponding Hypalon™–reinforced shockcord captures
- Breathable, weight distributing shoulder straps
- Water resistant front zipper pocket with sealing zipper
- Oversized mesh side pockets
- Compression straps with side release buckles for stabilizing loads or attaching exterior equipment
- Load lifters for adjusting weight distribution and fit
Not intended for submersion.
Volume: 28 liters
Weight: 12.3oz (350g)
Unpacked Dimensions: 21.5 x 11 x 8in (54.6 x 27.9 x 20.3cm)
Packed Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 5.5in (10 x 10 x 14cm)
- 70D Robic® nylon UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-wight polyethylene) reinforced ripstop, PU waterproofing
- 50D nylon mini ripstop, UTS waterproofing
- Internally sealed seams
- Nylon monomesh shoulder straps
- Hypalon™ rolltop and tether point reinforcements
- Number 5 YKK® PU coated sealing zippers
- YKK® ultralight, wide entry angle side release buckles
- 210D bonded nylon thread
Not intended for submersion.
How waterproof is the Freerain28?
Bags with the Freerain name are built from waterproof materials with sealed seams and rolltop closures. Though not intended for intentional submersion, these bags are 100% weatherproof and will keep water out in the most extreme weather conditions when the rolltop is rolled at least 3 times.
Is the Freerain28 hydration compatible?
Yes. The Freerain28 will accomodate most 1-2L water reservoirs and has a dedicated hose exit and hose routing features.
How do I pack up and stow the Freerain28?
We suggest folding the pack in thirds vertically and rolling up tightly from the bottom. Unzip the top closure so that air can escape as it is rolled up. For detailed instructions, the demo video below shows the full pack up.
Does this pack have a hip belt?
Yes, the hip belt is permanently attached and has dimensional zipper pockets on both sides.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including DMF which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
100% waterproof main compartment
Rolltop closure and seam sealed main compartment.
Full alpine carry harness
Contoured monomesh shoulder straps distribute weight evenly while the sternum strap, pocketed hip belt, and load lifters yield an agile, customized fit.
Cmpresses for travel
Stow into the included mesh compression sack, take it with you.
UHMWPE-reinforced high wear panels feature a practically infallible ripstop grid. Robic® high tenacity nylon paired with UTS waterproof coating enhances material strength an additional 30%. Learn more about UHMWPE.
Engineered for performance first
Boutique engineering that outperforms the big guys. If you know what you want, and care about how it performs, join a brand that shares your priorities.
Plain and simple the best packable backpack on the market. It's actually waterproof and the materials and design is top notch. this is my go-to day pack now.
- Alex (verified customer)
Recently this pack saved my phone when a tide rocked our diving boat and threw it into the engine bay full of seawater and oil. Everything in the main compartment was totally fine and some dish soap removed the oil residue as well.
- Karan (verified customer)